We’re adding a snake to the family, but we’re not sure which!
We’re stuck between a snow corn and a Royal Python.Here’s what I’m thinking…
- I’ve wanted a snow corn for almost a decade. When I was getting my first corn snake at 18, I was originally stuck between a snow and a carolina, and eventually chose the carolina. I have wanted a snow ever since.
- Corn snakes are very docile, friendly snakes that grow to a nice size
- They’re extremely ready feeders, and we’ve never had a corn with feeding issues
- They’re super hardy, so whilst you should aim for your temps etc to be accurate, they can cope with a little variation
- I LOVE the width on these snakes!! Although they don’t grow any larger (or even as large) as corn snakes, they are so much thicker 🙂
- I have wanted a royal for about 8 years, they are probably the most placid species of snake, and it’s very rare they strike – they’d much prefer to call into a ball, hence why in America they are known as Ball Pythons!
- They don’t like large spaces, and so feel happier in a 3ft rather than a 4ft viv
However there is one huge problem with a royal – they can be VERY finnickity eaters, even if all your temps etc are spot on. It is not unusual for them to go months without eating, and some have very particular preferences eg they will only eat white mice/rats.
And I do not want to deal with that.
So I’m thinking I will finally get my snow corn 😀
I found this young adult snow up for rehoming at just £40, and as you can see she’s a ready feeder haha. She loves down near my parents, and as they’re coming to visit us tomorrow I’ll be asking if they can collect her en route. Hopeflly we’ll have a new addition by tomorrow! ❤